birth of Jesus Christ—Christmas.
Refer New Testament; Matthew,
1. 18- 25.
18. This was
how the birth of Jesus Christ took place. His
mother Mary was engaged to Joseph, but before
they were married, she found out that she was
and going to have a baby by the Holy Spirit.
19. Joseph was a man who always did what was
right, but he did not want to disgrace Mary
publicly; so he made plans to break the engagement
20. While he was thinking about this, an angel
of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said,
“Joseph, descendant of David, do not be
afraid to take Mary to be your wife. For it
is by the Holy Spirit that she has conceived.
21. She will have a son, and you will name him
Jesus - because he will save his people from
22. Now all this happened in order to make what
the Lord had said through the prophet come true,
23. “A virgin will become pregnant and
have a son, and he will be called IMMANUEL
( which means, “God is with us”
24. So when Joseph woke up, he married Mary,
as the angel of the Lord had told him to do.
25. Virgin Mary gave birth to her son. And Joseph
named him Jesus.